Skip to Main Content
Forest landscape description and inventories - a basis for landplanning and designAuthor(s): R. Burton Litton
Source: Res. Paper PSW-RP-049. Albany, CA: Pacific Southwest Research Station, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture; 88 p
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (27.1 MB)
DescriptionDescribes six analytical factors and seven compositional types useful in recognition and description of scenic resources. Illustrates their application in two inventories made to aid managers and landscape architects in planning and design.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLitton, R. Burton, Jr. 1968. Forest landscape description and inventories - a basis for landplanning and design. Res. Paper PSW-RP-049. Albany, CA: Pacific Southwest Research Station, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture; 88 p
- Forest recreation research at the Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station
- The search for forest facts: a history of the Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station, 19262000
- Experimental forests and ranges. Field research facilities of the Pacific Southwest Research Station.
XML: View XML