Skip to Main Content
Vandalism and outdoor recreation: symposium proceedingsAuthor(s): Sam S. Alfano; Arthur W. [tech. coord.] Magil
Source: General Technical Report PSW-017. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 72 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.3 MB)
DescriptionResource managers, law enforcement officers, designers, and social scientists provide 24 papers giving an overview of vandalism on outdoor recreation areas; a measure of the difficult control problems which must be solved; some insights for design of buildings, fixtures, and site layouts to reduce or repel vandalism; and a profile of vandals, with respect to the potential for reducing their activities through understanding of social-psychological factors. Recommendations prepared by panelists and symposium participants summarize the views presented and suggest measures for control of vandalism on outdoor recreation areas.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAlfano, Sam S.; Magil, Arthur W. [tech. coord.] 1976. Vandalism and outdoor recreation: symposium proceedings. General Technical Report PSW-017. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 72 p
KeywordsOutdoor recreation areas, vandalism, law enforcement, design, social factors
- Vandalism: research, prevention, and social policy.
- Evaluating user impacts and management controls: Implications for recreation choice behavior
- Social indicators and outdoor recreation: the forgotten sector
XML: View XML