Skip to Main Content
Square cants from round bolts without slabs or sawdustAuthor(s): Peter Koch
Source: Forest Products Journal 12(6): 287-294
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (1.62 MB)
DescriptionFor maximum efficiency a headrig for converting bark-free bolts into cants must (1) have a fast cycle time, (2) require minimum handling of bolts and refuse, and (3) convert the volume represented by slabs and kerf into a salable byproduct.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKoch, Peter. 1960. Square cants from round bolts without slabs or sawdust. Forest Products Journal 12(6): 287-294
- Sawmill "Waste"
- Bolt, log, and tree grades for birch
- Shaping-lathe headrig will convert small hardwoods into pallet cants plus flakes for structural exterior flakeboard
XML: View XML