Skip to Main Content
Tree failures and accidents in recreation areas: a guide to data management for hazard controlAuthor(s): Lee A. Paine; James W. Clarke
Source: General Technical Report PSW-024. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 30 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (862 MB)
DescriptionA data management system has been developed for storage and retrieval of tree failure and hazard data, with provision for computer analyses and presentation of results in useful tables. This system emphasizes important relationships between tree characteristics, environmental factors, and the resulting hazard. The analysis programs permit easy selection of subsets of data for examination of individual species, sites, and other categories of information. Use of this system allows site managers to control hazard at lower cost to both the site and the budget.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPaine, Lee A., Clarke, James W. 1978. Tree failures and accidents in recreation areas: a guide to data management for hazard control. General Technical Report PSW-024. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 30 p
KeywordsHazard trees, hazard reduction, recreation areas, safety standards, data management, computer programs
- Effective tree hazard control on forested recreation sites...losses and protection costs evaluated
- Administrative goals and safety standards for hazard control on forested recreation sites
- Coding hazardous tree failures for a data management system
XML: View XML