Skip to Main Content
U.S. Forest Service
Caring for the land and serving people

United States Department of Agriculture

Home > Search > Publication Information

  1. Share via EmailShare on FacebookShare on LinkedInShare on Twitter
    Dislike this pubLike this pub
    Author(s): Peter Koch
    Date: 1974
    Source: In: Proceedings of the 2nd Regional Technical Conference, Society of American Foresters 1974: 106-120
    Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
    PDF: View PDF  (1.99 MB)

    Description

    in 1963, approximately 30 percent of the dry weight of above- and below-ground parts of southern pine trees ended as dry surfaced lumber or paper; the remaining 70 percent was largely unused. By 1980, computer-controlled chipping headrigs, thin-kerf saws, lamination of lumber from rotary-cut veneer, high-yield pulping processes, and more intensive use of roots, bark, and tops will likely double the yield of lumber, paper, bark, products, and reconstituted board to 60 percent of the dry weight of above- and below ground tree parts.

    Publication Notes

    • You may send email to pubrequest@fs.fed.us to request a hard copy of this publication.
    • (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
    • We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
    • This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.

    Citation

    Koch, Peter. 1974. Full-tree utilization of southern pine and hardwoods growing on southern pine sites. In: Proceedings of the 2nd Regional Technical Conference, Society of American Foresters 1974: 106-120

    Related Search


    XML: View XML
Show More
Show Fewer
Jump to Top of Page
https://www.fs.usda.gov/treesearch/pubs/24188