Skip to Main Content
Creep behavior of sweetgum OSB: effect of load level and relative humidityAuthor(s): J.H. Pu; R.C. Tang; Chung-Yun Hse
Source: Forest Products Journal, Vol. 44(11/12): 45-50
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (1.46 MB)
DescriptionFlexural creep behavior of laboratory-fabricated sweetgum oriented strandboard (OSB). under constnat (65% and 95%) and cyclic (65% <-> 95% at a 96-hr. frequency) relative humidity (RH) conditions at 75 F (23.9 C) is presented. Two levels (4.5% and 6.5%) of resin content (RC) of phenol-formaldehyde were used in fabricating the test panels. Two load levels (20% and 40% of the modulus of rupture (MOR)) were chosen for the investigation. Load duragion was 12 weeks followed by a 3-week recovery under constant 65 percent RH at 75 F. Constant high RH (95%) as well as the cyclic RH (65% <-> 95%) showed a great influence on the creep resistance and relative creep. At constant low RH (65%), improvement of relative creep was observed when the RC was increased from 4.5 to 6.5 percent. The load-duration effect (creep-rupture) became evident when the load level was increased from 20 to 40 percent MOR under constant 95 percent or cyclic 65 <-> 95 percent RH conditions.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPu, J.H.; Tang, R.C.; Hse, Chung-Yun. 1994. Creep behavior of sweetgum OSB: effect of load level and relative humidity. Forest Products Journal, Vol. 44(11/12): 45-50
- Creep behavior of sweetgum OSB: Effect of load level and relative humidity
- Effect of resin variables on the creep behavior of high density hardwood composite panels
- Flexural creep of structural flakeboards under cyclic humidity
XML: View XML