Skip to Main Content
The Market for U.S. Hardwoods in the United Kingdom: Market CharacteristicsAuthor(s): Robert J. Bush; Philip A. Araman
Source: Proceedings, The Forest Industries 21st Wood Technology Clinic Show. 6 pp.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (77 KB)
DescriptionImporters of hardwood lumber in the United Kingdom were studied to determine the characteristics of the market and U.S. hardwood product preferences. Importers were mostly channel intermediaries that supplied end users and secondary manufacturers. Eighty percent of importers purchased North American lumber and the majority of importers dealt with both temperate and tropical species. Over 93% of the volume of North American hardwood purchases was of high grade (above No. 1 Common). Joinery manufacturers purchased the largest volume of U.S. hardwoods. The product and supplier attributes that most influenced their purchase of North American hardwoods will be presented in a companion paper.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBush, Robert J.; Araman, Philip A. 1993. The Market for U.S. Hardwoods in the United Kingdom: Market Characteristics. Proceedings, The Forest Industries 21st Wood Technology Clinic Show. 6 pp.
- The market for U. S. hardwoods in the United Kingdom: market needs and satisfaction with U. S. Products
- An investigation of hardwood plywood markets. Part 2. Fixture manufacturers
- Match Your Hardwood Lumber to Current Market Needs
XML: View XML