Skip to Main Content
An analysis of Pennsylvania's forest resourcesAuthor(s): Douglas S. Powell; Thomas J., Jr. Considine; Thomas J. Considine
Source: Broomall, PA: Northeastern Forest Experiment Station, USDA Forest Service, Resour. Bull. NE-69. 97p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (8.98 MB)
DescriptionA comprehensive analysis of the current status and trends of the forest resources of Pennsylvania. Topics include forest area, timber volume, biomass, timber products, timber's role in the state's economy, growth, and removals. Forest area, volume, growth and removals are projected through 2008. A detailed treatment is glven to water, soil, minerals, fish, wildlife, and recreation as they relate to forest resources. Also identified are forest management opportunities for increasing the production of major forest resources and enhancing the benefits derived from Pennsylvania's forests.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPowell, Douglas S.; Considine, Thomas J., Jr. 1982. An analysis of Pennsylvania''s forest resources. Broomall, PA: Northeastern Forest Experiment Station, USDA Forest Service, Resour. Bull. NE-69. 97p.
Keywordsforest survey, trends, projections, area, volume, growth, removals, nontimber forest resources, forest management opportunities
- An analysis of Ohio's forest resources
- Forest Statistics for Pennsylvania - 1978
- An analysis of New York's timber resources
XML: View XML