Skip to Main Content
Veneer, 1980--A periodic assessment of regional timber outputAuthor(s): Robert L., Jr. Nevel; Robert L. Nevel
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-77. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 17 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (967.57 KB)
DescriptionEvaluates regional timber output based on a canvass of the veneer plants in the Northeast and contains statistics for 1980 on the veneer-log production and receipts by states and species, log shipments between states and regions, and the disposition of manufacturing residues. Between 1976 and 1980, veneer log production jumped 19 percent and northeastern veneer plant receipts dropped slightly. Trends in production and an outlook for the industry are presented along with a list and map of veneer plants in the Northeast.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNevel, Robert L., Jr. 1983. Veneer, 1980--A periodic assessment of regional timber output. Resour. Bull. NE-77. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 17 p.
Keywordstimber output, veneer logs, Northeast, primary manufacturing residues
- The veneer industry in the Northeast: a 5-year updating of data on veneer-log production and receipts
- Veneer, 1976 - a periodic assessment of regional timber output
- Florida's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1993
XML: View XML