Skip to Main Content
Federal research natural areas in Oregon and Washington: a guidebook for scientists and educators.Author(s): Jerry F. Franklin; Fredrick C. Hall; C. T. Dyrness; Chris Maser
Source: Portland, OR: US department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (34.0 MB)
DescriptionA guide to the use of natural scientific preserves, Research Natural Areas, on Federal lands in Oregon and Washington. Detailed descriptions of physical and biological features, maps and photographs are provided for each of the 45 tracts presently reserved. Indices to Research Natural Areas by vegetation type and plant and mammalian species are included.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFranklin, Jerry F.; Hall, Fredrick C.; Dyrness, C. T.; Maser, Chris. 1972. Federal research natural areas in Oregon and Washington: a guidebook for scientists and educators. Portland, OR: US department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station
KeywordsResearch Natural Areas, scientific reserves, natural ecosystems, Oregon, Washington
- Research natural areas in Oregon and Washington: past and current research and related literature.
- Research natural area needs in the Pacific Northwest.
- Interagency strategy for the Pacific Northwest Natural Areas Network
XML: View XML