Skip to Main Content
Photo series for quantifying forest residues in the coastal Douglas-fir-hemlock type.Author(s): W.G. Maxwell; F.R. Ward
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-051. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 103 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (10.0 MB)
DescriptionSix series of photographs display forest residue loading levels, by size classes, for areas of timber type and cutting practice.
Information with each photo includes measured weights, volumes and other residue data, information about the timber stand and harvest or thinning actions and fuel ratings.
These photo series provide fast and easy-to-use means for quantifying and describing existing and expected residues.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMaxwell, W.G.; Ward, F.R. 1976. Photo series for quantifying forest residues in the coastal Douglas-fir-hemlock type. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-051. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 103 p
KeywordsResidue (forest), residue management fuel (waste wood), slash (Douglas-firhemlock)(Douglas-fir*#151, Hardwood), management (forest) forest residue estimation
- Impacts of hemlock decline and ecological considerations for hemlock stand restoration following hemlock woolly adelgid outbreaks
- Effects of the removal of overstory hemlock from hemlock-dominated forests on eastern redback salamanders
- The aftermath of an invasion: Structure and composition of Central Appalachian hemlock forests following establishment of the hemlock woolly adelgid, Adelges tsugae
XML: View XML