Skip to Main Content
Lumber processing in selected sawmills in Durango and Oaxaca, MexicoAuthor(s): Roland Hernandez; Michael C. Wiemann
Source: General Technical Report FPL-GTR-167. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 14 pages
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (1.9 MB)
DescriptionThis report documents a technical assistance trip to four community-owned forests and associated sawmill and secondary processing operations in the vicinities of Durango and Oaxaca, Mexico. The products and processes of these enterprises are described, and recommendations for improvement are provided.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHernandez, Roland; Wiemann, Michael C. 2006. Lumber processing in selected sawmills in Durango and Oaxaca, Mexico. General Technical Report FPL-GTR-167. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 14 pages
KeywordsEjido, bosque comunal, sawmill, Durango, Oaxaca, Mexico, Pinus, Quercus
- Influence of gap-scale disturbance on developmental and successional pathways in Quercus-Pinus stands
- Processes underlying restoration of temperate savanna and woodland ecosystems: Emerging themes and challenges
- Composition, structure, and dendroecology of an old-growth Quercus forest on the tablelands of the Cumberland Plateau, USA.
XML: View XML