Skip to Main Content
Program of Research for Forests and Associated RangelandsAuthor(s): Nelson S. Loftus; Joseph G. Massey; [Compilers]
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-19. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 32 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: Download Publication (416 KB)
DescriptionThis research plan for the Southern Region is a companion publication to the National Program of Research for Forests and Associated Rangelands. While the national program reflects both regional and national priorities, this plan provides details on forestry research matters concerning the South. For the reader's convenience, background information on development of this regional-national planning effort is also presented. Although this is not the first coordinated effort to plan forestry research in the South, it is unprecedented in the extent to which research needs have been identified by a broad cross section of public land management agencies, industries, environmental and citizen groups, and professional organizations.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLoftus, Nelson S., Jr.; Massey, Joseph G.; [Compilers] 1978. Program of Research for Forests and Associated Rangelands. Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-19. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 32 p.
- Longleaf pine ecosystem restoration: the role of the USDA Forest Service
- Translating forestry knowledge into forestry action
- Accomplishments and economic evaluations of the Forestry Incentives Program: A review
XML: View XML