Skip to Main Content
The importance of place: advances in science and application.Author(s): Linda E. Kruger; Pamela J. Jakes
Source: Forest Science. 49(6): 819-821
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: View PDF (630 KB)
DescriptionThe concept of place is introduced and an orientation to place literature is provided. Following the introduction, an overview is given of the papers in this special issue of Forest Science. The papers included in this issue were presented at the 2000 International Symposium on Society and Resource Management in Bellingham, Washington.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationKruger, Linda E.; Jakes, Pamela J. 2003. The importance of place: advances in science and application. Forest Science. 49(6): 819-821
Keywordsplace, attachment to place, place-based planning, sense of place, resource management
- The Importance of Place: Advances in Science and Application
- Maintaining research traditions on place: diversity of thought and scientific progress
- Pluralities of place: A user's guide to place concepts, theories, and philosophies in natural resource management
XML: View XML