Skip to Main Content
Hardwood Lumber Edger and Trimmer Training SystemAuthor(s): D. Earl Kline; Eugene M. Wengert; Philip A. Araman; Powsiri Klinkhachorn
Source: Forest Products Journal. 42(1): 53-57.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (69 KB)
DescriptionThis paper describes a computerized hardwood lumber edger and trimming training system. The purpose of the training system is to help edger and trimmer operators and sawmill managers better understand how hardwood lumber grade, surface measure, and price interact to affect lumber value. The training system can be used both as a training tool and as a testing tool. As a training tool, the user can observe how the placement of edging and trimming lines can affect lumber value. As a testing tool, the user's learning progress after various training sessions can be tested. To maximize ease-of-use as well as programming flexibility, the training program was developed under Microsoft Windows 3.0. Various aspects and features of the computer program are described in this paper and an example session with the program is provided.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKline, D. Earl; Wengert, Eugene M.; Araman, Philip A.; Klinkhachorn, Powsiri. 1992. Hardwood Lumber Edger and Trimmer Training System. Forest Products Journal. 42(1): 53-57.
- Computerized training for the hardwood sawmill industry: The edging and trimmer trainer (version 3.0)
- A Computer Program You Can Use: Edging and Trimmer Trainer
- Increasing Hardwood Lumber Recovery and Value at the Edger and Trimmer
XML: View XML