Skip to Main Content
Proceedings of the Ninth Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research ConferenceAuthor(s): Thomas A. Waldrop; [Editor]
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-20. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 628 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
Download Publication (0 B)
DescriptionThe Ninth Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research Conference was held February 25-27, 1997 on the campus of Clemson University in Clemson, SC. This conference was the latest in a series of meetings designed to provide a forum for the exchange of research information among silviculturists and researchers in related areas, research coordination, review of research in progress, and new approaches or techniques of general interest. The conference consisted of four concurrent sessions over 2 days, a poster session, and two concurrent field tours on the third day. Presentations covered a wide array of topics related to silvics and silviculture. They emphasized research in pine, hardwood, and mixed-species forests. Field trips included (1) a view of over 40 years hardwood regeneration research at the Bent Creek Research and Demonstration Forest and (2) numerous topics related to management and research on the Clemson Experimental Forest. This was the largest conference of the series with 154 oral and poster presentations and 351 registered participants.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWaldrop, Thomas A.; [Editor] 1998. Proceedings of the Ninth Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research Conference. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-20. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 628 p.
- Proceedings of the Seventh Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research Conference
- Fort Valley Experimental Forest-A Century of Research 1908-2008 (P-53)
- Fort Valley Experimental Forest-A Century of Research 1908-2008
XML: View XML