Skip to Main Content
Space-time modeling of timber pricesAuthor(s): Mo Zhou; Joseph Buongriorno
Source: Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Vol. 31(1): 40-56
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (1.89 MB)
DescriptionA space-time econometric model was developed for pine sawtimber timber prices of 21 geographically contiguous regions in the southern United States. The correlations between prices in neighboring regions helped predict future prices. The impulse response analysis showed that although southern pine sawtimber markets were not globally integrated, local supply and demand shocks did transmit partially to immediate neighboring regions, and could also have weaker effects in more distant regions.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationZhou, Mo; Buongriorno, Joseph 2006. Space-time modeling of timber prices. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Vol. 31(1): 40-56
- A Bid Price Equation For Timber Sales on the Ouachita and Ozark National Forests
- Where to cut, where to run : prospects for U.S. South softwood timber supplies and prices
- Projecting southern timber supply for multiple products by subregion
XML: View XML