National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2005Author(s): L.E. Riley; R.K. Dumroese; T.D. Landis
Source: Proc. RMRS-P-43. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 160 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (23.5 MB)
DescriptionThis proceedings is a compilation of 24 papers that were presented at the regional meetings of the forest and conservation nursery associations in the United States in 2005. The Western Forest and Conservation Nursery Association meeting was held at the Yarrow Resort Hotel and Conference Center in Park City, UT, on July 18 to 20. The meeting was hosted by the Utah Division of Forestry, Fire, and State Land, Lone Peak Nursery. Morning technical sessions were followed by field trips to restoration projects on the middle reach of the Provo River, McAffee Hill, and Dry Canyon, as well as tours of the Swaner Nature Preserve outside Park City, UT. Subject matter for the technical sessions included restoration outplanting, native species propagation, bareroot and container nursery culturing, greenhouse management, and gene conservation. The Northeastern Forest and Conservation Nursery Association meeting was held on August 1 to 4 at the University Plaza Hotel in Springfield, MO. The meeting was hosted by the Missouri Department of Conservation, George O. White State Forest Nursery. Technical sessions were followed by tours of the Hammons Products Company walnut processing facility and Hammons Sho-nuf Walnut Plantation in Stockton, MO, and the George O. White State Forest Nursery in Licking, MO. Subject matter for the technical sessions included bareroot and container nursery culturing, hardwood management, and insect and disease monitoring.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRiley, L.E.; Dumroese, R.K.; Landis, T.D., tech. coords. 2006. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2005. Proc. RMRS-P-43. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 160 p.
Keywordsbareroot nursery, container nursery, nursery practices, fertilization, pesticides, seeds, reforestation, restoration, plant propagation, native plants, tree physiology, hardwood species
- Notice of release for Eagle Germplasm western yarrow (selected germplasm, natural track)
- Competition for soil nitrate and invasive weed resistance of three shrub-steppe growth forms
- Can biochar be used as a seed coating to improve native plant germination and growth in arid conditions?
XML: View XML