Skip to Main Content
Differential gene expression in loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.) challenged with the fusiform rust fungus, Cronartium quercuum f.sp. fusiformeAuthor(s): Henrietta Myburg; Alison M. Morse; Henry V. Amerson; Thomas L. Kubisiak; Dudley Huber; Jason A. Osborne; Saul A. Garcia; C. Dana Nelson; John M. Davis; Sarah F. Covert; Leonel M. van Zyle
Source: Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology, Vol. 68: 79-91
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (1.00 MB)
DescriptionCronartium quercuum f.sp. fusiforme is the pathogen that incites fusiform rust disease of southern pine species. To date, a number of host resistance genes have been mapped. Although genomic mapping studies have provided valuable information on the genetic basis of disease interactions in this pine-rust pathosystem, the interaction at the molecular level is poorly understood. To further our understanding of this interaction, we implemented a microarray study to examine the differential expression of genes in pathogenchallenged progeny of a full-sib loblolly pine family known to be segregating at a single dominant resistance gene (Fr1). Statistical analyses revealed shifts in gene expression that may reflect discrete stages of gall development.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMyburg, Henrietta; Morse, Alison M.; Amerson, Henry V.; Kubisiak, Thomas L.; Huber, Dudley; Osborne, Jason A.; Garcia, Saul A.; Nelson, C. Dana; Davis, John M.; Covert, Sarah F.; van Zyle, Leonel M. 2006. Differential gene expression in loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.) challenged with the fusiform rust fungus, Cronartium quercuum f.sp. fusiforme. Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology, Vol. 68: 79-91
KeywordsCronartium quercuum f.sp. fusiforme, fusiform rust, gene-for-gene interactions, microarray analysis
- Identification of nine pathotype-specific genes conferring resistance to fusiform rust in loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.)
- Bulked fusiform rust inocula and Fr gene interactions in loblolly pine
- On the origin of fusiform rust resistance in loblolly pine
XML: View XML