Skip to Main Content
An Introduction To PC-TRIM.Author(s): John R. Mills
Source: Res. Note. PNW-RN-491. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 12 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (214 KB)
DescriptionThe timber resource inventory model (TRIM) has been adapted to run on person al computers. The personal computer version of TRIM (PC-TRIM) is more widely used than its mainframe parent. Errors that existed in previous versions of TRIM have been corrected. Information is presented to help users with program input and output management in the DOS environment, to understand the differences between PC-TRIM and mainframe TRIM, and to avoid common mistakes that can lead to program-generated errors.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMills, John R. 1989. An Introduction To PC-TRIM. Res. Note. PNW-RN-491. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 12 p
KeywordsTimber resource inventory model (TRIM), inventory models, computer software
- Yarding cost for the Koller K300 cable yarder: results from field trials and simulations
- NFDRSPC: The National Fire-Danger Rating System on a Personal Computer
- FARSITE: a fire area simulator for fire managers
XML: View XML