Skip to Main Content
Timber resource statistics for forest land in eastern Washington, January 2002.Author(s): Andrew N. Gray; Jeremy S. Fried; Glenn Christensen; Larry Potts
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-251. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 46 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (479 KB)
DescriptionThis report summarizes timber resource statistics for the 20 counties in eastern Washington. The inventory sampled all private and public lands except those administered by the National Forest System in 2001, and those that were reserved from management for wood products. Area information for parks and other reserves was obtained directly from the organizations managing these areas. Statistical tables provide estimates of land area, timber volume, growth, mortality, and harvest for eastern Washington as a= whole. Estimated area of forest on non-national forest land was 4.9 million acres, and net volume of growing stock on timberland was 8.7 billion cubic feet. Estimated annual growth on non-national forest timberland from 1990 to 2001 was 203 million cubic feet; average annual mortality was 84 million cubic feet; average annual harvest was 288 million cubic feet.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGray, Andrew N.; Fried, Jeremy S.; Christensen, Glenn; Potts, Larry. 2006. Timber resource statistics for forest land in eastern Washington, January 2002. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-251. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 46 p
KeywordsForest inventory, statistics (forest), land area, land use change, timber volume, eastern Washington
- South-central Alaska forests: inventory highlights.
- Summary estimates of forest resources on unreserved lands of the Stikine inventory unit, Tongass National Forest, southeast Alaska, 1998.
- Summary estimates of forest resources on unreserved lands of the Chatham inventory unit, Tongass National Forest, southeast Alaska, 1998.
XML: View XML