Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Selection, management and utilization of biosphere reserves.Author(s): Jerry F. Franklin; Stanley L. Krugman
Source: Proceedings of the United States—Union of Soviet Socialist Republics Symposium on Biosphere Reserves: 1-308
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (160 MB)
DescriptionThis publication is directed to the analysis of the selection, management, and utilization of Biosphere Reserves as viewed by scientists from the United States and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. Soviet papers focus on types of research and monitoring programs that should be developed on Biosphere Reserves, with emphasis on their use in pollutant monitoring. The nature of the U.S. Biosphere Reserves and their current and potential value for research, education,and biological preservation is considered in the U.S. papers. An additional paper provides an international perspective on U.S. and Soviet collaboration in the field of Biosphere Reserves. Characteristics of Soviet Biosphere Reserves are described in an appendix.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFranklin, Jerry F.; Krugman, Stanley L. 1979. Selection, management and utilization of biosphere reserves. Proceedings of the United StatesUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics Symposium on Biosphere Reserves: 1-308
- Biodiversity conservation, sustainable development, and the U.S. Man and the Biosphere Program: Past contributions and future directions
- Bird checklist, Guánica Biosphere Reserve, Puerto Rico
- Weather summaries for Coram Experimental Forest, northwestern Montana-an International Biosphere Reserve
XML: View XML