Skip to Main Content
The forest ecosystem of southeast Alaska: 10. Outdoor recreation and scenic resources.Author(s): Roger N. Clark; Robert C. Lucas
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-066. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 116 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (10 MB)
DescriptionSoutheast Alaska offers a variety of recreational and aesthetic or scenic resources not found elsewhere in the United States. Use of these resources for commodity production and recreational purposes is increasing, which often results in conflicts. This report summarizes what is known about the recreational and aesthetic resources of the region, the present and anticipated recreation uses, and the important issues concerning recreation and aesthetics.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationClark, Roger N.; Lucas, Robert C. 1978. The forest ecosystem of southeast Alaska: 10. Outdoor recreation and scenic resources. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-066. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 116 p
Keywordsrecreation use, recreation, resources (forest), amenity values (forest), ecosystems, Alaska (southeast)
- Recreation settings, scenery, and visitor experiences: a research assessment.
- Forests [Chapter 7]
- The forest ecosystem of southeast Alaska: 1. The setting.
XML: View XML