Skip to Main Content
Leptocorticium (Corticiaceae s.l., Basidiomycota): new species and combinationsAuthor(s): Karen K. Nakasone
Source: Mycological progress. Vol. 4, no. 3 (Aug. 2005): pages 251-256.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (704.19 KB)
DescriptionThe genus Leptocorticium is redescribed, and a key to the species is provided. A new taxon, Leptocorticium tenellum, is described, and two new combinations, L. sasae and L. utribasidiatum, are proposed. Dentocorticium nephrolepidis is determined to be conspecific with L. cyatheae. All four species are described and illustrated.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNakasone, Karen K. 2005. Leptocorticium (Corticiaceae s.l., Basidiomycota): new species and combinations. Mycological progress. Vol. 4, no. 3 (Aug. 2005): pages 251-256.
KeywordsCorticiaceace, Dentocorticium, Dendrothele, Basidiomycetes, identification, fungi, classification, Dentocorticium nephrolepidis, Leptocorticium tenellum, Leptocorticium sasae, taxonomy, Leptocorticium cyatheae, Leptocorticium ultribasidiatum
- New species of Amanita from the Dominican Republica, Greater Antilles
- Alboleptonia from the Greater Antilles
- Dendrothele griseocana (Corticiaceae) and related taxa with hyphal pegs
XML: View XML