Skip to Main Content
Dendrothele griseocana (Corticiaceae) and related taxa with hyphal pegsAuthor(s): Karen K. Nakasone
Source: Nova hedwigia. Vol. 83, nos. 1/2 (Aug. 2006): pages 99-108.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (97.04 KB)
DescriptionFour Dendrothele (Corticiaceae, Polyporales) species with hyphal pegs are described and illustrated. Type specimens of Corticium griseocanum and Dendrothele papillosa were examined and found to be conspecific. Two new taxa, D. americana and D. tanzaniana, are described and illustrated, and the new combination, Dendrothele andina, is proposed. A key to D. griseocana and similar taxa with hyphal pegs is provided.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNakasone, Karen K. 2006. Dendrothele griseocana (Corticiaceae) and related taxa with hyphal pegs. Nova hedwigia. Vol. 83, nos. 1/2 (Aug. 2006): pages 99-108.
KeywordsOdontia andina, Dendrothele, hyphal pegs, Tanzania, Basidiomycetes, fungi, classification, identification, hyphae, Corticiaceae, Dendrothele papillosa, Dendrothele griseocanum, Dendrothele andina
- Taxonomy of Epithele (Polyporales, Basidiomycota)
- The genus Dendrothele (Agaricales, Basidiomycota) in New Zealand
- Veluticeps fasciculata sp. nov. (Gloeophyllaceae, Basidiomycota), a close relative to V. berkeleyi
XML: View XML