Skip to Main Content
Building a research legacy -- The Intermountain Station 1911-1997Author(s): Richard J. Klade
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-184. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 259 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (27.2 MB)
DescriptionIncludes highlights of the history of organizations that preceded formation of the Intermountain Forest and Range Experiment Station in 1954. Provides detailed accounts of Intermountain Station research and administrative accomplishments, some of the people who led activities, and changes in the organization from 1954 through 1997 when the Intermountain and Rocky Mountain Stations merged to become the Rocky Mountain Research Station. Many significant Station publications are indicated by title in the text, and the references list includes other publications that provide additional historic background on research programs and results.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKlade, Richard J. 2006. Building a research legacy -- The Intermountain Station 1911-1997. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-184. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 259 p.
KeywordsIntermountain Forest and Range Experiment Station, Intermountain Station, research and administrative accomplishments, Rocky Mountain Research Station
- Frontiers of Forestry Research - Priest River Experimental Forest, 1911-1976
- Rocky Mountain Research Station: Looking back on 2014
- Rocky Mountain Research Station: 2011 Annual Accomplishments
XML: View XML