Skip to Main Content
An improved genetic map for Castanea mollissima/Castanea dentata and its relationship to the genetic map of Castanea sativaAuthor(s): P.H. Sisco; T.L. Kubisiak; M. Casasoli; T. Barreneche; A. Kremer; C. Clark; R.R. Sederoff; F.V. Hebard; F. Villani
Source: In: Abreu, C.G.; Rosa, E.; Monteiro, A.A., eds. Proceedings of the III International Chestnut Congress. Acta Horticulturae 693. Leuven, [Belgium]: ISHS, 2005: 491-495
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (320 KB)
DescriptionWe have added 275 AFLP and 24 SSR markers and the 5SrDNA locus to a previously published genetic map based on a hybrid cross between Castanea mollissima and C. denata. The SSR markers, 5SrDNA locus, and one isozyme locus also permitted us to correlate the linkage groups in the published genetic map of C. sativa with those in our C. Mollissima/C. dentata map. Correlating the map of European chestnut with that of American and Chinese chestnut will allow greater progress in mapping important physilogical and adaptive traits across species boundaries.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSisco, P.H.; Kubisiak, T.L.; Casasoli, M.; Barreneche, T.; Kremer, A.; Clark, C.; Sederoff, R.R.; Hebard, F.V.; Villani, F. 2005. An improved genetic map for Castanea mollissima/Castanea dentata and its relationship to the genetic map of Castanea sativa. In: Abreu, C.G.; Rosa, E.; Monteiro, A.A., eds. Proceedings of the III International Chestnut Congress. Acta Horticulturae 693. Leuven, [Belgium]: ISHS, 2005: 491-495
Keywordschestnut, comparative mapping, synteny, AFLP, SSR, isozyme, Cryphonectrica parasitica, disease resistance, adaptive traits
- Signatures of Selection in the Genomes of Chinese Chestnut (Castanea mollissima Blume): The Roots of Nut Tree Domestication
- Resistance of chestnut trees to Asia chestnut gall wasp
- Genetics and silvicultural treatments influence the growth and shoot winter injury of American chestnut in Vermont
XML: View XML