Skip to Main Content
Emission and soil distribution of fumigants in forest tree nurseriesAuthor(s): Dong Wang; Jennifer Juzwik; Stephen Fraedrich
Source: In: 2005 Annual International Research Conference On Methyl Bromide Alternatives and Emissions Reductions: 42-1 - 42-4
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (183 KB)
DescriptionProduction of tree seedlings in the majority of forest nurseries in the USA has relied on soil fumigation with methyl bromide (MeBr) to control soil-borne plant pathogens, weeds, parasitic nematodes and insects. Since the announcement of the scheduled MeBr phase-out, a number of nurseries throughout the United States have participated in research programs on MeBr alternatives including methyl isothiocyanate (MITC) and chloropicrin (CP). However, a majority of the research on alternatives to MeBr in forest tree nurseries has focused on pest control efficacy. There is rarely any information in the literature on the environmental fate, emission, and soil distribution patterns of these potential alternative fumigants when applied in forest tree nurseries.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWang, Dong; Juzwik, Jennifer; Fraedrich, Stephen. 2005. Emission and soil distribution of fumigants in forest tree nurseries. In: 2005 Annual International Research Conference On Methyl Bromide Alternatives and Emissions Reductions: 42-1 - 42-4
- The history and future of methyl bromide alternatives used in the production of forest seedlings in the southern United States
- Effect of Dazomet Rate and Incorporation Method on Pine Production in Southern Pine Nurseries
- Evaluation of fumigants, EPTC herbicide, and Paenibacillus macerans in the production of loblolly pine seedlings
XML: View XML