Skip to Main Content
County portraits of Oregon and Northern California.Author(s): Wendy J. McGinnis; Richard H. Phillips; Kent P. Connaughton
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-377. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 320 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (5.0 MB)
DescriptionThis publication provides a general picture of the population, economy, and natural resources of the counties in Oregon and northern California. The intent of this report is to provide insight to changes in a county over the last 10 to 20 years, to compare county trends to statewide trends (and state trends to national trends), and to provide information on all the counties in a similar format. This report provides a context and a place to start in examining social and economic trends and conditions, and the importance of natural resources locally. In addition, technical notes for each data series follow the last county profile so that it is clear what is included, how estimates were made, and some cautions on using the data. Data sources are provided for readers interested in obtaining raw data or updated data.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcGinnis, Wendy J.; Phillips, Richard H.; Connaughton, Kent P. 1996. County portraits of Oregon and Northern California. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-377. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 320 p
Keywordspopulation, income, employment, economic trends, Oregon counties, California counties
- County portraits of Washington State.
- Timber resource statistics for the central coast resource area of California.
- Timber resource statistics for the Sacramento resource area of California.
XML: View XML