Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for eastern Oregon and eastern Washington from inventory phase of forest surveyAuthor(s): R.W. Cowlin; F.L. Moravets
Source: PNW Old Series Research Notes No. 25, p. 1-29
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (5.7 MB)
DescriptionThe forest survey, a Nation-wide project authorized by Congress in 1928, consists of a complete and detailed investigation of the country's present and future forest resources in five major parts: (1) an inventory of the country's existing forest resources in terms of areas occupied by forest-cover types and of timber volumes, by species, in board feet and cubic feet, and a study of conditions on cut-over and on burned forest lands; (2) a study of the depletion of the forests through cutting and through loss from fire, insects, disease, and other causes; (3) a determination of the current and potential growth on forest areas; (4) a investigation of present and prospective requirements of the United States for forest products; and (5) an analysis and correlation with other economic data of the findings of these studies in order to sake available to public and private agencies the basic facts and guiding principles necessary to formulate and execute rational plans, national, regional, and local, for orderly, sound management and use of forest resources.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCowlin, R.W.; Moravets, F.L. 1938. Forest statistics for eastern Oregon and eastern Washington from inventory phase of forest survey. PNW Old Series Research Notes No. 25, p. 1-29
- Volume distribution in saw-timber types in the ponderosa pine region.
- Timber resource statistics for forest land in eastern Washington, January 2002.
- Timber resource statistics for timberland outside National Forests in eastern Oregon.
XML: View XML