Skip to Main Content
Genetic Analysis of earl field growth of loblolly pine clones and seedlings from the same full-sib familiesAuthor(s): Brian Baltunis; Dudley Huber; Tim Wite
Source: Genetic analysis of early field growth of loblolly pine clones and seedlings from the same full-sib families. Pap. -45. Gainesville, FL: University of Florida. 15 p.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: Download Publication (143 KB)
DescriptionThe Forest Biology Research Cooperative recently established a series of loblolly pine clonal trials known as CCLONES (Comparing Clonal Lines on Experimental Sites). There are three primary levels of genetic structure in this study (parental, full-sib family, clone) that strengthen the power of CCLONES for examining genetic mechanisms and interactions with cultural treatments and locations. A fourth level of genetic structure can be added by considering the provenance of the parents. This report includes some preliminary results from the genetic analyses of 2nd year growth traits that were recently measured at the CCLONES loblolly pine trials. The specific objectives of this report are 1) to determine heritability estimates for various growth traits for loblolly pine clones and seedlings, 2) to compare the genetic correlations between parents and families when grown as cuttings versus seedlings, and 3) to determine the genotype x environment interaction by looking at the genetic correlations for parents, families, and clones for paired trials.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBaltunis, Brian; Huber, Dudley; Wite, Tim. 2006. Genetic Analysis of earl field growth of loblolly pine clones and seedlings from the same full-sib families. Genetic analysis of early field growth of loblolly pine clones and seedlings from the same full-sib families. Pap. -45. Gainesville, FL: University of Florida. 15 p.
- Genetic dissection of fusiform rust and pitch canker disease traits in loblolly pine
- Growth and wood properties of genetically improved loblolly pine: propagation type comparison and genetic parameters
- Post-fertilization physiology and growth performance of loblolly pine clones
XML: View XML