Skip to Main Content
Proceedings of the Symposium on Nondestructive Testing of Wood.Author(s):
Source: Res. note FPL-40. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory: 56 pages.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (239 KB)
DescriptionThis report summarizes the main points considered and the conclusions reached during the Symposium on Nondestructive Testing, October 7 to 9, 1963, at the Forest Products Laboratory. The purpose of this symposium was to bring research and industry leaders together to examine what is being done in nondestructive testing and discuss its applications to the wood products industries. Some 100 scientists, engineers, and industry leaders heard and discussed the possibilities of a wide range of scientific means for testing wood nondestructively--that is, without impairing the usefulness of the piece tested. The program included experts in nondestructive testing as developed for other industries and specialists in nuclear radiation, sonic and vibration methods of testing, electrical devices, and mechanical methods. The discussions served to provide a better understanding of the current status of nondestructive testing methods and to emphasize their many potentialities in the forest products field. The Forest Products Laboratory would like to be kept informed of all new developments as they occur and will be glad to assist wherever possible in expediting such developments.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Citationnull 1964. Proceedings of the Symposium on Nondestructive Testing of Wood. Res. note FPL-40. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory: 56 pages.
KeywordsIndustry, wood products, nuclear radiation, vibration, forest products, nuclear magnetic resonance, spectroscopy, hydrogen, moisture content, nondestructive testing, sonic devices, electrical devices, NMR, internal friction, speed of sound
- Proceedings of the Symposium on Needs for Nondestructive Testing in the Forest Products Industries
- Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation of Wood—50 Years of Research: International Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation of Wood Symposium Series
- Internal defect detection success story : industry taps into the Forest Products Laboratory's research capabilities-so can you
XML: View XML