Skip to Main Content
Detecting decay in wood componentsAuthor(s): R.J. Ross; X. Wang; B.K. Brashaw
Source: Inspection and monitoring techniques for bridges and civil structures. Cambridge, England : Woodhead Publishing Limited, c2005: ISBN: 1855739399 ; 0849395445: pages 100-114.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (158 KB)
DescriptionThis chapter presents a summary of the Wood and Timber Condition Assessment Manual. It focuses on current inspection techniques for decay detection and provides guidelines on the use of various non-destructive evaluation (NDE) methods in locating and defining areas of deterioration in timber bridge components and other civil structures.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRoss, R.J.; Wang, X.; Brashaw, B.K. 2005. Detecting decay in wood components. Inspection and monitoring techniques for bridges and civil structures. Cambridge, England : Woodhead Publishing Limited, c2005: ISBN: 1855739399 ; 0849395445: pages 100-114.
KeywordsBridges, inspection, testing, nondestructive testing, wooden bridges, deterioration, biodegradation, wood-decaying fungi, service life, building materials, decay fungi, timber bridges
- An experimental method to simulate incipient decay of wood basidiomycete fungi
- Deuteromycetes and selected ascomycetes that occur on or in wood: an indexed bibliography
- Nondestructive evaluation of oriented strand board exposed to decay fungi.
XML: View XML