Skip to Main Content
Site index charts for Douglas-fir in the Pacific Northwest.Author(s): Grover A. Choate; Floyd A. Johnson
Source: PNW Old Series Research Notes No. 161, p. 1-6
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (630 KB)
DescriptionCharts in this report can be used to estimate site index for Douglas-fir from stand age and from average total height of dominant and codominant trees. Table 1 and figure 2 in USDA Technical Bulletin 201 have been used for this purpose in the past. However, the table requires time-consuming interpolation and the figure gives only rough approximations.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationChoate, Grover A.; Johnson, Floyd A. 1958. Site index charts for Douglas-fir in the Pacific Northwest. PNW Old Series Research Notes No. 161, p. 1-6
- Estimating postfire water production in the Pacific Northwest
- Predicting Fire Season Severity in the Pacific Northwest
- Aerial photo volume tables for Douglas-fir in the Pacific Northwest.
XML: View XML