Skip to Main Content
Palau's forest resources, 2003.Author(s): Joseph A. Donnegan; Sarah L. Butler; Olaf Kuegler; Brent J. Stroud; Bruce A. Hiserote; Kashgar Rengulbai
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-252. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 52 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (1.37 MB)
DescriptionThe Forest Inventory and Analysis Program collected, analyzed, and summarized field data on 54 forested plots on the islands in the Republic of Palau. Estimates of forest area, tree stem volume and biomass, the numbers of trees, tree damages, and the distribution of tree sizes were summarized for this statistical sample. Detailed tables and graphical highlights provide a summary of Palau’s forest resources and a comparison to 1987 data.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDonnegan, Joseph A.; Butler, Sarah L.; Kuegler, Olaf; Stroud, Brent J.; Hiserote, Bruce A.; Rengulbai, Kashgar. 2007. Palau''s forest resources, 2003. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-252. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 52 p
KeywordsPalau, biomass, damage, FIA, forest inventory, volume, land cover
- Expanding the FIA inventory to understand plant diversity in Palau’s conservation areas
- Vegetation survey of the Republic of Palau
- Federated States of Micronesia's forest resources, 2006
XML: View XML