Skip to Main Content
Gross yield and mortality tables for fully stocked stands of Douglas-fir.Author(s): George R. Staebler
Source: USDA Forest Service PNW Old Series Research Paper No. 14: 1-20
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.0 MB)
DescriptionIncreasing interest in the practice of intensive forestry has demonstrated the need for gross yield tables for Douglas-fir showing the volume of trees that die as well as volume of live trees. Net yield tables for Douglas-fir, published in 1930, give the live volume in fully stocked stands at different ages on different sites. As in all normal yield tables, no accounting is made of the volume of trees that die as stands grow older. Presented here are gross yield tables, which include net yield and estimated mortality volume. Mortality 13 tables constructed in the process of making the gross yield tables are also presented.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationStaebler, George R. 1955. Gross yield and mortality tables for fully stocked stands of Douglas-fir. USDA Forest Service PNW Old Series Research Paper No. 14: 1-20
- Levels-of-growing-stock cooperative study in Douglas-fir: report no. 17The Skykomish Study, 1961–93; The Clemons study, 1963–94.
- Idaho’s forest resources, 2006-2015
- Idaho's Forest Resources, 2004-2009
XML: View XML