Skip to Main Content
Normal yield tables for red alder.Author(s): Norman P. Worthington; Floyd A. Johnson; George R. Staebler; William J. Lloyd
Source: USDA Forest Service PNW Old Series Research Paper No. 36: 1-30
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.4 MB)
DescriptionIncreasing interest in the management of red alder (Alnus rubra) has created a need for reliable yield information. Existing yield tables for red alder have been very useful as interim sources of information, but they are generally inadequate for current and prospective management needs. The advisory committee for the Station's Olympia Research Center, at the suggestion of several members, sponsored a subcommittee to promote the construction of new tables suitable for regionwide application. Through cooperative efforts of both public and private forestry organizations, the project was started in 1956.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWorthington, Norman P.; Johnson, Floyd A.; Staebler, George R.; Lloyd, William J. 1960. Normal yield tables for red alder. USDA Forest Service PNW Old Series Research Paper No. 36: 1-30
- Site curves for red alder.
- A 20-year growth record for three stands of red alder.
- Red alder stand development and dynamics.
XML: View XML