Skip to Main Content
Forested plant associations of the Colville National Forest.Author(s): Clinton K. Williams; Brian F. Kelley; Bradley G. Smith; Terry R. Lillybridge
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-360. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. In cooperation with: Pacific Northwest Region, Colville National Forest. 405 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (12.0 MB)
DescriptionA classification of forest vegetation is presented for the Colville National Forest in northeastern Washington State. It is based on potential vegetation with the plant association as the basic unit. The classification is based on a sample of approximately 229 intensive plots and 282 reconnaissance plots distributed across the forest from 1980 to 1983. The hierarchical classification includes 5 forest tree series and 39 plant associations or community types. Diagnostic keys are presented for each tree series and plant association or community type. Descriptions include information about plant association or community species composition, occurrences, distribution, environment, soils, forest productivity, management implications and relations to other vegetation classifications. Background information is also presented on the ecology, geology, soils, climate, and fire history of the Colville National Forest.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWilliams, Clinton K.; Kelley, Brian F.; Smith, Bradley G.; Lillybridge, Terry R. 1995. Forested plant associations of the Colville National Forest. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-360. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. In cooperation with: Pacific Northwest Region, Colville National Forest. 405 p
Keywordsvegetation classification, climax plant communities, potential vegetation, plant association, vegetation series, forest ecology, fire, wildife, range, northeastern Washington
- Classification and management of aquatic, riparian, and wetland sites on the national forests of eastern Washington: series description.
- Field guide for forested plant associations of the Wenatchee National Forest.
- Bunchgrass plant communities of the Blue and Ochoco Mountains: a guide for managers.
XML: View XML