Skip to Main Content
The timber resources of central Washington.Author(s): James O. Howard
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-045. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 81 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (4.5 MB)
DescriptionThe findings of the latest inventory of the timber resources of central Washington indicate there are 50.9 billion board feet of sawtimber on 4,370,000 acres of commercial forest land. Land owned or administered by public agencies accounts for 73 percent of the area and 84 percent of the sawtimber volume; farmer and miscellaneous private ownerships account for 17 percent of the area but only 9 percent of the volume; and the forest industry sector is smallest, with only 10 percent of the area and 7 percent of the volume.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationHoward, James O. 1973. The timber resources of central Washington. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-045. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 81 p
Keywordsforest surveys, forest appraisal, Washington (central)
- The timber resources of the Blue Mountain area, Oregon.
- The timber resources of the Inland Empire area, Washington.
- Timber resources of Mendocino and Sonoma Counties, California.
XML: View XML