Skip to Main Content
Charts for determining sampling rate and number in sample.Author(s): David Bruce
Source: Res. Note PNW-RN-097. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 6 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (620 KB)
DescriptionFour charts are presented that show sampling rate and number in sample for different desired levels of accuracy when number in population and coefficient of variation can be estimated.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBruce, David. 1969. Charts for determining sampling rate and number in sample. Res. Note PNW-RN-097. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 6 p
- Planning and processing multistage samples with a computer programMUST.
- Guidelines and sample protocol for sampling forest gaps.
- Sampling western spruce budworm larvae by frequency of occurrence on lower crown branches.
XML: View XML