Skip to Main Content
A digital indicator for maximum windspeeds.Author(s): William B. Fowler
Source: Res. Note PNW-RN-098. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 4 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (340 KB)
DescriptionA simple device for indicating maximum windspeed during a time interval is described. Use of a unijunction transistor, for voltage sensing, results in a stable comparison circuit and also reduces overall component requirements. Measurement is presented digitally in 1-mile-per-hour increments over the range of 0-51 m.p.h.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFowler, William B. 1969. A digital indicator for maximum windspeeds. Res. Note PNW-RN-098. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 4 p
- Pacific Northwest ecoclass codes for seral and potential natural communities.
- Monthly stumpage prices for the Pacific Northwest.
- Delimiting communities in the Pacific Northwest.
XML: View XML