Skip to Main Content
The USDA Forest Service National Seed LaboratoryAuthor(s): Robert P. Karrfalt
Source: In: Riley, L.E.; Dumroese, R.K.; Landis, T.D., tech. coords. 2006. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations - 2005. Proc. RMRS-P-43. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 115-118
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (90 B)
DescriptionThe USDA Forest Service National Seed Laboratory has provided seed technology services to the forest and conservation seed and nursery industry for more than 50 years. This paper briefly traces the lab’s evolution from a regional facility concerned principally with southern pines to its newest mission as a national facility working with all native U.S. plants and serving national and international needs.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKarrfalt, Robert P. 2006. The USDA Forest Service National Seed Laboratory. In: Riley, L.E.; Dumroese, R.K.; Landis, T.D., tech. coords. 2006. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations - 2005. Proc. RMRS-P-43. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 115-118
Keywordsseed testing, germ plasm, tree improvement, gene conservation, technology transfer
- Conservation of forest genetic resources in the United States.
- Forest service access to and use of the Germplasm Information Network (GRIN-Global) database and security backup at the National Laboratory for Genetic Resource Preservation
- Federal conservation of western Cypress in the United States
XML: View XML