Skip to Main Content
The privately owned timber resources of western Oregon.Author(s): Donald R. Gedney
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-099. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 29 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (1.8 MB)
DescriptionTimber resource statistics from a 1973-76 inventory are presented for private timberland in western Oregon. Inventories usually classify private owners as either forest industry or nonindustrial private. For this report, however, the nonindustrial private classification has been further disaggregated into farmer, individual, and corporate owners. For all private owner classes, the statistics are presented by size of the holding.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGedney, Donald R. 1983. The privately owned timber resources of western Oregon. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-99. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 29 p.
Keywordsforest surveys, timberland, timber resources, statistics (forest), ownership (forest), nonindustrial private ownership, western Oregon
- Characterizing Virginia's private forest owners and their forest lands.
- Characterizing Virginia's Private Forest Owners and Their Forest Lands
- Factors affecting the availability of wood energy from nonindustrial private forest lands in the Northeast.
XML: View XML