Skip to Main Content
Basic data on forest area and timber volumes from the southern forest survey, 1932-1936Author(s): William A. Duerr
Source: Forest Survey Release No. 54. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 27 p.
Publication Series: Forest Survey Release
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: Download Publication (882 KB)
DescriptionIn Response to strong demand, estimates from the Forest Survey of 1932-1936 are presented in this report on forest acreage and timber volumes by county in the states of the lower South. Although these figures are old and are highly unreliable for individual counties, they are useful as source data in compiling information for groups of counties that differ from the units used in the Forest Survey.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDuerr, William A., Forest Economics Staff. 1932. Basic data on forest area and timber volumes from the southern forest survey, 1932-1936. Forest Survey Release No. 54. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 27 p.
- A cursory survey of the forest resource of the east Texas post oak belt
- Forest statistics for Mississippi counties
- Forest statistics for Alabama counties
XML: View XML