Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Environment, vegetation, and regeneration after timber harvest in the Hungry-Pickett area of southwest Oregon.Author(s): Joseph N. Graham; Edward W. Murray; Don Minore
Source: Res. Note PNW-RN-400. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 17 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (910 KB)
DescriptionEnvironmental factors were related to forest regeneration on clearcut and partially cut areas managed by the Bureau of Land Management in the Hungry-Pickett area northwest of Grants Pass, Oregon. The multiple regression equations developed for this study can be used to compare the relative difficulty of regenerating forested sites within the study area. The equations show that difficulty of regenerating clearcuttings increases with increasing solar radiation, temperature, rock cover, and depth of the soil A horizon. Difficulty of regenerating partial cuts increases with surface gravel cover and is related to slope, aspect, and vegetation.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGraham, Joseph N.; Murray, Edward W.; Minore, Don. 1982. Environment, vegetation, and regeneration after timber harvest in the Hungry-Pickett area of southwest Oregon. Res. Note PNW-RN-400. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 17 p
Keywordsregeneration (natural), logging (-regeneration, environmental effects, southwest Oregon
- Environment and forest regeneration in the Illinois Valley area of southwestern Oregon.
- Regeneration outlook on BLM Lands in the Siskiyou Mountains.
- Regeneration outlook on BLM lands in the Southern Oregon Cascades.
XML: View XML