Skip to Main Content
Environment and forest regeneration in the Illinois Valley area of southwestern Oregon.Author(s): Don Minore; Joseph N. Graham; Edward W. Murray
Source: Res. Note PNW-RN-413. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 20 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (920 KB)
DescriptionMultiple regression analyses were used to relate environmental factors to forest regeneration on clearcut and partial cut areas managed by the Bureau of Land Management in the Illinois Valley area southwest of Grants Pass, Oregon. Difficulty of regenerating clearcuttings at elevations between 3,000 and 4,900 feet (914 and 1 494 m) increased with increases in soil coarse fragments, solar radiation, and slash burning. Difficulty of regenerating clearcuttings at elevations between 1,500 and 2,900 feet (457 and 884 m) increased as solar radiation, shrub cover, grass cover, and surface rock plus gravel increased. Difficulty of regenerating partial cuts increased as moisture, slope, soil silt plus clay, and density of canopy increased.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMinore, Don; Graham, Joseph N.; Murray, Edward W. 1984. Environment and forest regeneration in the Illinois Valley area of southwestern Oregon. Res. Note PNW-RN-413. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 20 p
Keywordsregeneration (natural), regeneration (artificial), environment, southwest Oregon
- Environment, vegetation, and regeneration after timber harvest in the Hungry-Pickett area of southwest Oregon.
- Microclimatic Conditions After Reproduction Cutting in Shortleaf Pine Stands in the Ouachita Mountains
- Effects of timber harvest on elk distribution in the Blue Mountains of Oregon.
XML: View XML