Skip to Main Content
Wildland planning glossaryAuthor(s): Charles F. Schwarz; Edward C. Thor; Gary H. Elsner
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-13. Berkeley, Calif.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Exp. Stn. 252 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (3.0 MB)
DescriptionMore than 1400 terms useful in wildland and related resource planning are defined. The purpose of the work is to facilitate communication between professionals, not to provide them with exhaustive vocabularies of each other's specialties. Definitions are drawn from many sources, including public laws and government manuals, but are not intended to establish legally binding definitions. A list of terms and list of sources are included.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchwarz, Charles F.; Thor, Edward C.; Elsner, Gary H. 1976. Wildland planning glossary. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-13. Berkeley, Calif.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Exp. Stn. 252 p
Keywordswildland planning, land utilization, range management, forest management, terminology
- A glossary for avian conservation biology
- Research natural areas in Oregon and Washington: past and current research and related literature.
- International directory of documentation services concerning forestry and forest products
XML: View XML