Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for the Arkansas ozarksAuthor(s): D.D. Van Hooser
Source: Forest Survey Release No. 57. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 27 p.
Publication Series: Forest Survey Release
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (540 KB)
DescriptionThis publication summarizes the data on forest area, timber volume, and timber growth collected by the Southern Forest Survey in the Ozark region of Arkansas, the 24 counties in the mountainous northwest portion of the Stats (figure 1). The survey, made between April 1947 and April 1948, was the first of its kind in this section of the State. The remainder of Arkansas, covered by the Southern Forest survey in 1935 and 1936, will be resurveyed in 1949.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationVan Hooser, D.D. 1948. Forest statistics for the Arkansas ozarks. Forest Survey Release No. 57. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 27 p.
- Forest statistics for Tennessee
- Forest resources of Louisiana, 1991
- Deer browse resources of north Georgia
XML: View XML