Skip to Main Content
Single curved fiber sedimentation under gravityAuthor(s): Xiaoying Rong; Dewei Qi; Junyong Zhu
Source: Proceedings of the 2005 TAPPI Practical Papermaking Conference : 2005 May 22-26, Milwaukee, WI. Atlanta, GA : TAPPI Press, 2005:  pages.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (762 KB)
DescriptionDynamics of single curved fiber sedimentation under the gravity are simulated by using lattice Boltzmann method. The results of migration and rotation of the curved fiber at different Reynolds numbers are reported. The results show that the rotation and migration processes are sensitive to the curvature of the fiber.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRong, Xiaoying; Qi, Dewei; Zhu, Junyong, Scott, C. Tim. 2005. Single curved fiber sedimentation under gravity. Proceedings of the 2005 TAPPI Practical Papermaking Conference : 2005 May 22-26, Milwaukee, WI. Atlanta, GA : TAPPI Press, 2005:  pages.
KeywordsReynolds number, flocculation, papermaking, particles, dispersion, curvature, particle shape, fiber curvature, sedimentation analysis, flexibility, Boltzmann method, fiber properties
- Single curved fiber sedimentation under gravity
- Comparison of fiber length analyzers
- Correlation of fiber shape measures with dilute suspension properties
XML: View XML