Skip to Main Content
The top 200! : big production numbers in 2005, such as those posted by the Hampton Affiliates sawmill in Willamina, Ore., may be tamed in 2006Author(s): Henry Spelter
Source: Timber processing. (July/Aug. 2006): pages 64-65.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (112 KB)
DescriptionThe Hampton Affiliates sawmill in Willamina, Ore. again tops the list for output by a single U.S. mill for 2005. Its 486 MMBF not only outdid some 660 other significant US. sawmills, but also its own production of 473 million in 2004. Only a few mills in British Columbia and Germany are in this volume range. This marks the fourth consecutive year that Hampton’s Willamina mill has won the “national title.”
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSpelter, Henry. 2006. The top 200! : big production numbers in 2005, such as those posted by the Hampton Affiliates sawmill in Willamina, Ore., may be tamed in 2006. Timber processing. (July/Aug. 2006): pages 64-65.
KeywordsSoftwoods, statistics, economic aspects, sawmills, United States, industrial capacity, forest products industry
- Hampton Mill maintains title : top twelve producer mills are in Northwest
- Minor shake up : markets were soft, but the big mills still packed some production punch
- It's Roseburg : [top 200 U.S. sawmills]
XML: View XML